24 October, 2014

Diwali Special Attire

By Chandrima


Hello beautiful people !!!

It's Diwali...one of the most glorious festivals and my personal favourite. Though it is celebrated all through India, in Bengal it is also celebrated as Kali Puja.
For me this day is all about looking good and eating good. So I thought of trying an uncommon attire this year.


You identified it right. My look is all the way from Assam. It's the traditional dress of Assam, known as Mekhla. Mekhlas basically resemble a sari but are never printed. They have an unique pattern of ornamental designs. They are generally woven from cotton, muga and pat.
Draping a mekhla is easier than the sari. The bottom part is worn like a rap around skirt and folded into pleats in the front and tucked in like a sari. The upper piece of cloth which is the 'Chador' is tucked in at the front and draped around the body like a sari's anchal. 



Availability is quite easy if you look for it in well recognized sari shops. You can also try the State emporiums. I got my one from Assam Emporium at Dakshinapan Shopping Complex. 
I accessorized my look with simple pearl jewelry which i bought from Hyderabad during my visit to the city. 
Well I am all set for my Diwali and Kali Puja.


Now hurry up beauties and get ready too !

No comments:

Post a Comment