19 November, 2014

Lost 1 kg in a week without exercise

By Amaleena

One major concern which we all share at some point or the other is HOW TO LOST WEIGHT!
For the past 4 months my weight has been increasing at a steady rate. I gained about 8 kgs! I was depressed and whenever I went for dining out, I ate halfheartedly :(
I don't get time for going to the gym and morning walks are also difficult for me as I am a late riser.So after a lot of research I found a diet plan. 

But of course, diet plans, as we all know are quite difficult to follow for foodies like me. So I tweaked it a little and now after a week of the diet, I lost a kg without a single exercise. Yippee!
So I am going to share my diet plan with you and later on, one by one will share with you the low calorie recipes I invented while following this diet plan.

Early Morning - 1 glass lukewarm water with lemon juice of 1 lemon 
                             (you can skip this if you have a tendency of acidity, like me)
                              +
                           1 cup of black tea or black coffee  
                           2 biscuits (Marie biscuits or cream cracker)
                        

Breakfast -  2 hard boiled eggs + 2 slices of brown bread 
                         or
                   2 scrambled eggs + 1 slice brown bread + 1 cup skimmed milk
                         or
                  1 plate brown bread upma / oatmeal upma
                         or
                  1 bowl muesli / oatmeal with skimmed milk + 1 scrambled egg
                      (I have lactose allergy so I take  yogurt instead of milk)

Mid Morning - 1 small bowl of fruit salad
                            or
                        1 banana/ 1/2 cup melon/ 20 grapes
                            or 
                        1 medium sized apple 
                            or
                        Buttermilk or Lassi

Half and hour before Lunch - 1 cup of green tea without sugar

Lunch - 1 small bowl of rice steamed / 2 medium sized rotis / veg khichdi / oats khichdi
                         +
             1/2 cup vegetable (preferably boiled and sauteed in slight oil)
                         +
             100 gms chicken / 1 bowl raita / 1 bowl dal
                        
Early evening -  1 Cucumber chopped / any salad
                                 or 
                            Juice of fruit made  at home 
                          (Packed fruit juices contain a lot of sugar, so STAY AWAY)

Evening - 1 bowl boiled chana / 1 bowl muri / 4 Cream cracker biscuits 

Dinner - 1 roti
                +
              50 gms fish / 100 gms chicken
                +
              1/2 bowl dal
                +
              small bowl of raita

             
And remember, STAY AWAY from
chocolates
chips
sugary items and sweets
packaged or tinned food
cheese
red meat
fried stuff
and buffets :P

And if you still feel hungry in between, go for
cucumber,
boiled sprouts

Tips:
Try to have your lunch within 2pm. The earlier the better.
Use the staircase rather than the lift.
Try walking rather than taking a rickshaw to the main road :)

No comments:

Post a Comment